The Blue Knights® International Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club, is a non-profit fraternal organization consisting of active and retired law enforcement officers who enjoy riding motorcycles. In the Spring of 1974, several law enforcement officers* from the Bangor, Maine (USA) area met and formed a small, local motorcycle club. Soon, Blue Knight chapters were being formed in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and beyond. With the addition of Canada, and later Australia, the Blue Knights became an international organization.
Our Founding Fathers are:
Our charitable organization has contributed over $16.5 million dollars toward various charities throughout the world. We have 637 chapters with over 20,400 members, within 25 countries and we are growing each day.
According to the By-Laws, our purposes and goals are to:
- Provide for the mutual assistance, enjoyment, entertainment, education, physical, mental and social benefit of its members and the general public.
- To promote and advance the sport of motorcycling and the safety of motorcycling.
- To serve the interests of motorcycle owners and users.
- To promote by example and any other acceptable means, safe use, operation and enjoyment of motorcycles.
- To develop a fraternal spirit between law enforcement personnel and the general public.